The code is something that I encourage all pain warriors to read. Let it empower you to keep fighting!
Source: The Pain Warrior Code
This whole site and the twitter are all built from the foundation of this code that came to me at the lowest moment I have ever experienced in my life. I had given up and given in. I had lost most of my hope. I questioned God and prayed to him. This is what came to me. It was a little seed of hope that has enabled me to become stronger and almost indestructible. After praying, I had realised that there were people who had NO hope at all, and it was my job to encourage them and help them up. You don’t have to be a believer or follower of God for this to help you. Everybody feels pain. Every warrior needs elevation. I hope this helps you like it helped me.
- People won’t get it. But that’s okay. Don’t focus on whether people understand, but rather on whether people care. Because they do. If you don’t have a family around you, there are many sites/ blogs and communities that have been created to support one another. I’m here, feel free to message me or even communicate with me via twitter, or this blog. I’m always willing to talk and offer support to fellow warriors who need somebody to vent to.
- Stop asking yourself the ‘Why Me?’ question. If you don’t have any answers yet, trust that you will come to find out eventually. Your time will come. Know this though – your sickness is linked in to your purpose.
- Don’t let your pain or sickness dictate your life or identity about who you are. You are so much more than the pain you go through. If you surrender your identity to your sickness solely, that is EXACTLY what you’ll become solely. Don’t sell yourself short.
- Don’t you dare think about quitting or giving up the fight against your sickness. Your healing WILL come. That doesn’t mean we will get healed RIGHT now, but at the right time. However, your healing doesn’t have to be just physical. Sometimes we look for healing in the wrong places. It could also be psychological or even spiritual. Those types of healing enable you to endure your struggles and continue to bounce back.
- Let your pain be a tool that educates and creates awareness about what sufferers have to go through. You’d be surprised what little information people know about your illness.
- If you’re going to choose to be a warrior, know this; a warrior does not stop fighting for their cause until they are dead. If they drop on the battlefield, they get up and continue fighting. A warrior doesn’t stop fighting for their cause until their final breath has left their bodies.
You are a Pain Warrior. There’s a lot of responsibility (and of course – pain) that comes with it. Know there are others fighting with you too. Heck I’m in this with you!
Please don’t give up, I know I won’t.
Let this page be a reference point to return to during those moments when you feel like giving up. I often have to recite or remind myself of it!
© Tasha Brown – Pain Warrior Code 2016